Homemade Sweet Potato Dog Treats
Show your dogs some love by making them homemade sweet potato dog treats.
With all the different choices of dog treats out there, these healthy, simple, and easy to make treats are both delicious and nutritious!
Ingredients for Homemade Dog Treats
- 2 2/1 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, steamed and mashed (approximately 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup apple sauce (baby food jars are the perfect amount and contain no added sugar).
- Feel free to use any other fruits or veggies that are safe for your pup!
- 2 eggs
Directions for Homemade Dog Treats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until dough forms
- Pour dough onto a well-floured surface and form a large ball.
- Flour rolling pin and roll ball out to a sheet around 1/2 inch thick.
- Use small heart cookie cutters to cut out shapes and place on untreated cookie sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
The treats can be stored in the refrigerator for approximately 7-10 days, although if your dog loves them as much as we think they will, we doubt they will last that long!
Did you know we love to walk dogs? To learn more about our daily dog walking services click HERE!
Nicole founded Miami Pet Concierge in May 2007, with a mission to provide Miami, Florida’s pet parents with personalized pet care plans based on their pets’ species, age, breed, health, and lifestyle. All while keeping their pets “happy at home.” In addition, offering pet care education for all pet owners to guide them to become great pet parents.