How To Protect Your Pets From COVID-19
With the announcement of the first confirmed cases in the United States of COVID-19 infections in domesticated cats, the Center for Disease Controls announced new recommendations on how to protect your pets from COVID-19. We thought breaking it down for you would help.
In this uncertain time, we must come together and do what’s best for both our health and our furry family members. Until they know more, CDC recommends the following:
- Do not let pets interact with people or other animals outside the household.
- Keep cats indoors when possible to prevent them from interacting with other animals or people.
- Walk dogs on a leash, maintaining at least 6 feet from other people and animals.
- Avoid dog parks or public places where a large number of people and dogs gather.
If you are sick with COVID-19 (either suspected or confirmed by a test), restrict contact with your pets and other animals, just like you would around other people.
- When possible, have another member of your household care for your pets while you are sick.
- Avoid contact with your pet, including petting, snuggling, being kissed or licked, and sharing food or bedding.
- If you must care for your pet or be around animals while you are sick, wear a cloth face covering and wash your hands before and after you interact with them.
While additional animals may test positive as infections continue in people, it is important to note that performing animal testing does not reduce the availability for humans to get tested. The U.S. government remains committed to increasing nationwide COVID-19 testing for all Americans.
For those of you going back to work and need help caring for your pets, contact us. We’d be more than happy to help. We offer Monday – Friday dog walking and will continue to take precautions when working with our client’s pets to ensure we stop the curve. For more information on how we are doing our part in preventing the pass of COVID-19 click HERE!
To learn more about our dog walking services click HERE!
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)
- Humane Society of the United States (HSUS)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- World Organization for Animal Health (OIE)
- The World Small Animal Veterinary Association (WSAVA)
Founded by Nicole Brown Packin in 2007, Miami Pet Concierge offers an unmatched suite of professional and quality in-home pet care services. Designed to eliminate any stress and worry of Miami’s busy pet owners, our mission is to keep our client’s pets happy at home because we care when you can’t be there!