How To Tell If A Cat Likes You
We all know that cats are different from dogs – you know when a dog likes you (think wagging, slobber, wet kisses) – but how can you tell if a cat likes you?
Cats show their love in many ways; you just need to know what to look for.
Your cat is probably telling you every day how much they love you. Perhaps he does the following:
- The most obvious way is purring. If your cat purrs when you give them attention, it’s a perfect sign that you’re their best buddy.
- Head bunting is when your cat is facing you, and they touch their nose or forehead to your nose, face, or any body part. It’s “I love you” in cat talk.
- Eye contact with soft blinking is another way for your cat to let you know they are emotionally bonded with you. Respond to your feline the same way to tell them you love them back!
- Sitting or laying on you is a clear sign that your cat’s smitten with you. They passed up a snooze in the sunshine or on a soft bed to hang with you.
- Kneading on you is a sign of affection, so even if their claws hurt a bit, they are telling you that you’re the cat’s meow!
- Bringing you gifts like dead mice or birds is an unusual way to show affection. They may be yuck to us, but when your cat shares their prize with you, it’s true love.
- When your kitty shows you their tummy, it’s a true sign of a devoted friendship.
- Following you around is another example. Many of us are tripping over our cats regularly, don’t get mad; they like to be close to you.
- We’ve talked about cattails before! Your kitty’s tail is often a reflection of their mood. If your cat’s head is up as well as their tail, and it’s flipping back at forth at the tip, that’s a clear sign of BFF.
Cats are not really aloof; you just need to understand cat language. Your kitty is constantly telling you how much they love you, just in different ways!
Did you know we offer a service just for our feline friends? Happy Cat Care – for cats, by cat lovers! To learn more click HERE!
Nicole founded Miami Pet Concierge in May 2007 with a mission to provide Miami, Florida’s pet parents with personalized pet care plans based on their pets’ species, age, breed, health, and lifestyle – All while keeping their pets “happy at home.” In addition, offering pet care education to all pet owners to help them become great pet parents.