join our team
Miami Pet Concierge is seeking part-time Pet Care Specialists to join our team!
Do you love animals and have you always wanted to work with them? Now’s your chance!
We provide professional and quality pet care services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for clients that are looking for a safe alternative to traditional pet care.
A Pet Care Specialist position is a very rewarding opportunity that allows you the freedom to work outside, work with different domestic pets, and away from the hustle and bustle of corporate America. We are a reputable and compassionate group of people who work together as a team to provide our clients with pets with the best care possible.
Why is this job so PAWSOME? Glad you asked!
You’re hired as an employee, not an Independent Contractor which means we provide you with continuous training and education. No cold offices and staring at computers all day, we get to work outside in sunny South Florida. This position is flexible and perfect for students, stay at home moms, retirees, or that person looking to have a little fun in their free time!
All jobs have requirements so sit and stay as we list ours. All candidates must meet the following:
Of course, first and foremost you must love dogs & cats. (We assume that you do, or you wouldn’t be reading all of this!).
Beyond that, we look for candidates who can master the THREE ASPECTS OF THIS JOB:
Be great with the PETS! Lots of people say they love cats and dogs, however, we look for people who really exude that “I’m crazy about animals” vibe. The kind of person who stops to pet every dog on the sidewalk, and then has to remember to look up, say hi to the owner. If this is you, we want to meet you!
Be comfortable communicating with PEOPLE! We work with people too. You will need email and text with other staff and clients, so we are looking for new hires who can get back to us promptly, courteously, and professionally. Goes without saying, but this business inbuilt on TRUST and communication is the key to that!
Be adept at using TECHNOLOGY! You’ll work off of an app that keeps track of your jobs each day, your daily schedule, and your earnings. Applicants need to have a signal-enabled smartphone (a phone that can function even with no available Wi-Fi) with enough data to handle the number of pictures, emailing, and texting we do each day. Your basic iPhone 5-7 plus with 128g should be sufficient, so long as it has enough data on the plan. Android phones are good, too.
In addition to these three elements, some other basic job requirements
- 21 years or older
- US citizens or legally authorized to work in the US for at least the next 12 months.
- Pass a background check
- A local full-time resident of Miami
- Able to receive payment “on the books”
- Able to commit to this position for at least 12 months from the hire date
- Be fluent in English both speaking and writing
- Reliable transportation and provide proof of insurance
- Be able to work on weekdays, weekends and holidays
- Be able to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Understand you will put mileage on your automobile
- Understand you will be working in the RAIN and HOT temperatures
- Capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Be detailed oriented (for pets that require medication, special diets or special needs)
- Animal Experience is a PLUS
- Must love animals and want to work with an amazing Team!
Think you would love to work with animals all day? Want to trade in human co-workers for cats and dogs?
You’ve come to the right place.
Following is our Employment Application. We know it’s long, but we ask that you take your time, answer every question and have fun. We are very selective when choosing the right candidates to join our team, so don’t hurry though it. Sit back, relax and bark on!