Miami Pet Concierge Prepares For Coronavirus Disease 2019
Miami Pet Concierge is taking Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) seriously. Our goal is to keep both our staff and clients safe and to prevent the passing of this illness.
What Is The Coronavirus Disease 2019
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) Coronavirus that was first detected in China. Currently, it has been detected on every continent except Antarctica.
The virus is named “SARS-CoV-2,” and the disease it causes is called “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”).
On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization declared the outbreak a “public health emergency of international concern external icon” (PHEIC).
On January 31, 2020, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex M. Azar II declared a public health emergency (PHE) for the United States to aid the nation’s healthcare community in responding to COVID-19.
How Does COVID-19 Spread?
It is thought the infection spreads mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
Can you get the COVID-19 by touching an infected surface?
It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but is not the main way the virus spreads.
How easily does the virus spread?
The virus that causes COVID-19 seems to be spreading quickly and sustainably in the community (“community spread”) in some affected geographic areas.
Common signs of infection include
- Shortness of breath
- Breathing difficulties
In more severe cases, the disease can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
There is currently no vaccine to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The best way to prevent this illness is to avoid exposure to this virus. However, it is recommended to take precautionary actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask. Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (at home or in a health care facility).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
How Is Miami Pet Concierge Preparing for COVID-19?
Miami Concierge is doing our part to stop the transmission of COVID-19.
Each member of our team is carrying Lysol Disinfection Wipes and hand sanitizer to each service, and have been instructed to wipe all surfaces, including door handles, countertops, etc., before and after they have completed services.
Should one of our staff show any signs of illness, they will be required to stay home from work until they have fully recovered.
If a Pet Care Specialist arrives for a service to find a client homesick or any signs of someone in the home may be ill, they have been instructed to leave immediately.
Can COVID-19 Be Transmitted To My Pets?
Hong Kong authorizes have confirmed that one dog does appear to have a low-grade infection from coronavirus and that it is likely from a human transmitting it to the dog.
“Therefore, there is no justification in taking measures against companion animals which may compromise their welfare,” the animal health organization said.
Founded by Nicole Brown Packin in 2007, Miami Pet Concierge offers an unmatched suite of professional and quality in-home pet care services. Designed to eliminate any stress and worry of Miami’s busy pet owners, our mission is to keep our client’s pets happy at home because we care when you can’t be there!